Bundesliga side have told Manchester United they have until August 10 to agree a deal for Jadon Sancho, or risk a no deal situation.
It is no secret that the highly-rated English youngster is at the very top of United’s transfer wish list this summer.
The German club have reportedly told the Red Devils they expect in excess of £100m to allow the 20-year-old to leave.
Currently, there is no agreement on the fee – and no idea whether Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side would have to pay in one lump sum, or in instalments.
Dortmund have put their foot down due to the 2020-21 season approaching fast, with a start date of September 18.
Sancho has enjoyed a highly productive three years at Dortmund, following his £10m move from Manchester City in August 2017.
The move to Old Trafford would certainly go a long way to improving United’s current odds on the 888 sport Android app of winning the Premier League title at 8/1.
Last month, Dortmund beat United to the signature of promising 17-year-old English midfielder Jude Bellingham, who joined from Birmingham in a whopping deal thought to be worth over £30m.
The black and yellows also splashed the class earlier in the season, when they signed Erling Braut Haaland from Red Bull Salzburg – funnily enough, another player that had been on United’s wish-list.